Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Waiting

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD. Psalm 27:13-14

There are times when I want to be completely free of the exhaustion of grief. When I want relief from the constant thoughts of my circumstances. When I feel that I cannot endure another day. But God is gracious, and understanding, and brings across a simple verse in an evening quiet time. He says to me

My child, just rest and wait. I know you are tired and weary, but just rest and wait. Do only what I have shown you to do and do not be anxious about matters whose times have not yet come. I will never give you more than what I know you can, through my grace, endure.

No comments: